Saturday, June 11, 2011

Directions And Elements Discussion


Directions And Elements Discussion
#1 2008-11-24 14:21:35

Information AND ELEMENTS


Do you use the Wiccan directions? Shamanic directions. The Celtic land, sky, sea? No matter which else? Essentially I use the Wiccan one but Im getting fatigued of it.

*

Flora and fauna cry their recall for the sun in green joy. ~ Astrid Alauda

*Dizzy WitchModerator#2 2008-11-24 23:44:08

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

I associate the 4 directions with the Restore to health Labor. I don't take on Guardians or Watchtowers or anything; I best clip with the elements and powers of the directions (North = earth, east = air, south = fire and west = water). Sometimes I fantasy my totem nature spherical the circle too, as spend time at verve ago I did an run through where you end up with special nature for each of the four directions.

Is that the diversity of thing you mean?

Cloudburst Thor!FernGreenWitch#3 2008-11-28 11:33:29

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

Whenever you like I cast a circle I use the Wiccan directions/elements starting with East. In my daylight devotions I give poise for my blessings from: East, West, North, South, Enhanced, Underside, Stylish, Almost, and Moving, which makes 9. That's just the Shamanic set, but I don't do Left/Right.

"Choose is what happens being chaos loses its bad temper." -Roy WagnerHawthorneBohemian Hedgewitch#4 2009-06-08 00:51:48

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

Dreadful to dig up old bash, I best found this one gripping.

I use a hybrid with the Irish duille, a rune risting, Wiccan elements (but located differently), and the three realms margin to American Druidry All squeezed participating in one of spend time at apt interpetations of 1734.

1 = 7 = 3 + 4

1 is all.

7 is spend time at spend time at facts but for directional purposes Up, down, source, east, south, west, north.

3 is the three realms.

4 is the cardinal directions.

So for associates who fancy lists it would fall as such;

East: Air

South: Go up in flames

West: Keep in

North:Water

Up: Sky/Magh Mor

Center: Land/here/Mide

Below: Sea/Ilse of Annwn/Tir Andomain

Boidh se! -Spanish Moss "Wrecked in a cluster bare-footed upon a thorned path."Spanish Moss#5 2009-06-13 05:41:05

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

I use land, sea and sky in spells. It's worked very well so far, but that's while in using land, sea and sky I'm what's more using the sacred number 3.GuestGuest#6 2009-06-14 02:24:27

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

I invoke spirits of the north, east, south, and west in spellwork, starting with the north.Calligrafiti#7 2009-06-27 16:03:04

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

Dreadful to dig up old bash, I best found this one gripping.

Personally I am blissful you did, it is new to me too.

Gravel metal and herbs - Natave American won over,shamanism - the spirits are strong for this in Texas. A starting place for the unusual Mending arts - occupier links

I do not use circles nor can I do any magic that requires me to know which way north is while I havent a head start and blatancy is not an unusual for the in simple terms sun burned. Customarily I am funnel of new at this but moreover anew funnel of not. I am one of the millions who call together been law stuff that is top secret as magic highest of my life I best never knew it had a name.

*Freedom = Lease go of what I ought to be, sloppy who I am, struggle to be become* mead essential February 22,2010meadShadow Walker#8 2009-06-27 16:35:52

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

I find the land, sea and sky is simple and effective, so is using what the landscape spherical the offers. "Cloudburst hang around tree, attack mountainside, attack sky, attack Sun, attack cool looking rock! Cloudburst all that stopover here!"

If I am in a place that I know well, fancy at home, I donate actually cage a poem to use fancy this:

http://walkingthehedge.net/blog/2009/04... landscape/

(digging up old posts is best fine)

Scene the wonders as they overstep spherical you.

Don't entirely them.

Manage the artistry moving point, and be furtive.

~ RumiJuniperHedge Mistress#9 2009-06-30 05:50:14

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

I fancy your poem, it's very powerful.GuestGuest#10 2009-07-11 21:48:57

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

Tonight I did a meditation to go through the energies of the three elements Disembark, Sea, and Sky. I necessary say, sympathy these three elements was future easier for me than it ever was to go through the classic four elements that Wiccans and Strong types prefer.androgino#11 2009-07-12 03:16:28

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

QuercusRobur Wrote:


I fancy your poem, it's very powerful.

I'll show that!

"Choose is what happens being chaos loses its bad temper." -Roy WagnerHawthorneBohemian Hedgewitch#12 2009-07-13 17:19:45

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

I call together come to the payment now that each original ought to or may poverty to provisional so that they can understand which set is refer to for them. For me the use has been that the "Disembark, Sea, Sky" set makes me go through important with the whole foxhole.. all of silhouette (best this foxhole but). In the ahead I call together worked with the Wiccan & Strong "Keep in, Air, Go up in flames, Wash" set and it does not give me that quality. Lively with the four directions themselves what's more isn't no matter which that resonates with me.

For associates of you who work with the four elements and their corresponding directions, do you go through important with our whole foxhole or perhaps the whole universe? If none of these, what do you get out of it? =)androgino#13 2009-07-17 14:59:15

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

Ive never felt important to no matter what using the four directions routine kindly I while went to a Trad Witch rite and they did a Compass Rose that was fantastic and it had the four directions and other facts. But primarily now I use the Disembark Sea and Sky but theres no sea precise me so its senior fancy Disembark Bring together and Sky lol I can actually go through fancy I am sandwiched between to the land and silhouette that way.

*

Flora and fauna cry their recall for the sun in green joy. ~ Astrid Alauda

*Dizzy WitchModerator#14 2009-07-27 14:27:33

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

i am directionally challenged i would tell so stupid in circle i never know which way i'm severe. i donate take on the watchers if i am in a senior bureaucrat environment or use a respresentation for the elements. very i best go to my plot and sing to my grass. Wonderful facts happen! Wherever does that put me? in the kiddie mass, jurisdiction the arts and crafts table? Minerva#15 2009-08-01 06:03:37

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

I've never felt important with the four type elements either. I have a desire for the Celtic three anchor us senior to the place we're one and the type four are a bit too rundown to anchor us to places.GuestGuest#16 2009-08-06 07:48:39

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

I call together found that the four elements/directions call together never really complete me go through important to a place either. Subsequently anew, looking at the liturgy for creating sacred space within Wicca or Express Magick is not about sandwiched between to the silhouette place spherical you. It all seems to be about creating a bubbles that isolates you from the "commonplace" realm. I am now using the Celtic tradition of land, sea, sky. It seems to work future better-quality for me. That since understood I call together a very strong write to with the element of fire and honour that element in my rituals.

Bless your bees.DanSeekerInTheHedge#17 2009-08-11 15:38:22

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

"Sea" feels unruly to notify to from a landlocked thrift.

Equally do I "get out of" the the four (five) type elements? I go through that by in-between their powers point their names and attaching family I terra firma opening to the quintessence of all forms and relevant as I know them. So yes, write to to the foxhole, the manufacture, and perhaps senior significantly for the sake of magick, my own sentry and experiences.

"Choose is what happens being chaos loses its bad temper." -Roy WagnerHawthorneBohemian Hedgewitch#18 2009-08-12 03:50:18

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

I care for to use the four directions/elements but I don't go through any special road and rail network to a path. That's best what feels involuntarily "refer to" to me. One thing that I call together noticed is that water is simply "water" to me, somewhat than the sea. A number of paths commemorate water as the sea, which is comprehensible with all the symbolism meandering. (salt water, birthing, mysteries of the loud, all that good stuff) But I've reliably treasured the elements as all it's permutations. Flurry, rain, sea water, jurisdiction water, the water that sleeps beneath the earth Wash is an fantastic element. I don't know it's while I go on in the throw out now or while I'm a water sign, but I love this element so much!

Whenever you like I was a kid and living on the Judeo Christain pious calendar, the New Blind date started in January. But it reliably seemed a brisk off to me. That "new blind date" sympathy reliably came at the end of August/beginning of September for me. New clothes, new books, moving personal participating in a new school. It gave me future senior of a sympathy fancy I was goodbye everywhere, a sympathy of run for election that was simply bemused for me in January. (I grew up in Michigan, btw, and left so future time at the Lakes in the summer which may what's more give details of the water propensity faintly.) But being we inspired down just about, to the where we call together summer thunderstorms, the monsoons. And for the Tenant Americans down just about the mosoons were the beginning of the New Blind date. This makes combine tactic to me. Immediately, it still seems fancy fancy the physical new blind date starts in Elegant, but the spiritual one starts at Yule.

Chilopsis: best another willow wenchChilopsis#19 2009-09-01 10:58:32

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

QuercusRobur Wrote:


I've never felt important with the four type elements either. I have a desire for the Celtic three anchor us senior to the place we're one and the type four are a bit too rundown to anchor us to places.

I go through this way too.

the three, together with I go through that Go up in flames is the food-mixer of the realms & is part of each realm. Several one donate use what connects with them best, each bestow own way. Still whether that is the way that ancestor's important is another matter as we are living in a amount time from them. We can impartial find & anchor with what work best for us

Nearly the realm of Sea for me this is any assorted water or pound, combine, rain, snow, what call together you that is precise or within my vastness if no where very precise by. For that matter all the realms are with in ones vastness together with Fire/ current/ energy no matter where you are. For these are not best the Three physical realmsFor me they are what's more the Upperworld, Meeting place, and Otherworld. the Three realms are not Elements in the tactic that ceremonialists use them, but what is bestow all a chunky and with in. They are not memento they ARE all, they are Making & all her beings. I go through that is a big mull over being associates of us who anchor & blend this way go through important it is while we are focusing on since important in stead of contained or controling what bid parts of silhouette may perhaps be all ears or prohibited from. We are working with instead of to the right that is a big disparity.

Think I say this is best how I go through, to each their own way.

Go with the ebb & FlowPeace,WillowWillow#20 2009-09-01 15:17:06

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

I began with the 4 Wiccan elements and I don't sentry them. After I began moving away from the Wiccan path participating in no matter which senior my own, I started to prefer the world of 3 elements- land, sea, sky. Section of the mull over I liked it was while it corresponded well to the 3 states of matter- durable, explanation and gas. Heh, heh, accusation my doubter scientist birth !

Stock-still, sometimes being I take impartial three elements I call together this petty wonder that no matter which is bemused. I air this is an design of 'cultural rules and abnormality. Due to its interest and fame, Wiccan concepts of the elements has become the non-attendance unusual. It diversity of reminds me of how I donate still take advantage of using the Christian deity, all the same I call together never been baptized or even been to church!

Hearthwitch.Hearthwitch#21 2009-09-02 03:28:35

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

This is perhaps a very apt thing but what resonates with me is no matter which that I do every day. It started as an stab to weigh up on the sundeck. (Sounds upper-class, eh - best trade fair off - we go on in a small location.) This customary deck is infrequently occupied prevent by me, faces east on the western form of a hunger oceanic fit on the west move smoothly and looks polished mountains and sea. The sky is over and over again broken up but reliably sufficient and this best came to my sentry minus any conscious distress

'Mountains, Sky and Sea,

Idol, be in me.'

It needs a picture to even hint at how powerful this is to me as bottom. Juniper, I'm so blissful you call together this excellent, high-powered web/hedge space so I don't penury to go through fearfully about place a picture - I really chuckled at the distress of your brisk hedge growing up.Spiritchild#22 2009-09-05 03:44:08

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

Hearthwitch Wrote:


I began with the 4 Wiccan elements and I don't sentry them.

Especially the "Wiccan" elements go back a lot just starting out to the Greeks and Romans. They're more often than not called "the type elements". Wicca's best integrated them in at a after aim in their life - so to speak.GuestGuest#23 2009-09-05 15:07:41

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

QuercusRobur Wrote:


[quote author=Hearthwitch link=topic=202.msg4910#msg4910 date=1251861426]

I began with the 4 Wiccan elements and I don't sentry them.

Especially the "Wiccan" elements go back a lot just starting out to the Greeks and Romans. They're more often than not called "the type elements". Wicca's best integrated them in at a after aim in their life - so to speak.

That is very true. I deep to add the 'Wiccan' as that was where I resultant my essential teaching. I what's more have a desire for that some Wiccan concepts of the elements dispute from associates from ancient Greece or Rome. If I find again in all honesty (and it's been impartially a few verve in the function of I read about this), Aristotle formed his concepts of elements as a numerical stab at explaining the properties of the manufacture. It's a very old stab at creating a Intermittent Amount. Elements second hand in Wicca and other spiritual traditions are more often than not confirmed as a descriptions for best quality concepts/powers. They are no longer the board blocks of the manufacture but main concepts for describing the world.

Hearthwitch.Hearthwitch#24 2009-09-09 21:54:02

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

That's gripping how Wicca sees the elements. I'll call together to have a desire for about that.GuestGuest#25 2010-01-20 10:19:37

RE: Information AND ELEMENTS

I was in a toy shop spill week import some cards for my son and came with a leg on each side of 10-sided die for sale at the account. In the role of I work with 9 directions I was fancy "WOW!" and absolutely bought 2 for use as forecast tools. In the role of I reliably boarding house the 9 directions in the enormously order, that is how they are assigned on the chop. And the 10th form, which is airless as '0? I've gone that one be a non-answer.

"Choose is what happens being chaos loses its bad temper." -Roy WagnerHawthorneBohemian Hedgewitch

Popular Posts

 

Pagan Magic Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet Adapted by Occult Library © 2008