Monday, January 21, 2013

Reaching Hands


Reaching Hands
August 10, 2014 - Amery, Wisconsin, United States

As I sit here this Saturday night listening to the song "Prayer of the Children," I can't help but think about yet another journey to Uganda that awaits me in just 3 days.

"Give me loving arms....."

I hear these voices in my head that I know are awaiting me...the giggles, the screams, the sheer joy of feeling loved...and I find myself thanking God for another opportunity to be doing his work across the world for so many children whom I now love not just because they're His children, but because I KNOW them and they are a PART of who I am.

That's how God feels about us too. We're not just a number to him. We are a part of him and he feels that longing to nurture us, to see us grow, to love on us just as I'm anticipating doing so in a few days with these children.

"Can you feel the hearts of the children....aching for home....for something of their very own...."

"Reaching hands with nothing to hold on to...."

There have been so many times in my life where I've literally felt like I'm drowning. Drowning in self doubt, in loneliness, in shackles of what's left of my attempt to take life matters into my own hands....instead of leaning on and depending on the strength and provision of a Savior: The strength and provision of a Savior who can take our broken hearts and withered souls and turn it into victory and redemption when we surrender and rely completely on him. I pray that God will continue to use me as a vessel to share his love, compassion, and trust to these beautiful people and children who often reach out with their hearts and hands empty only to find more disappointment and defeat. I pray they can be empowered by the spirit that is within them to know that they are capable and able, no matter how far underwater they may feel.

We want to see you Lord.

Show us your power.

Show us your glory.



Reference: witchcraftforall.blogspot.com

Popular Posts

 

Pagan Magic Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet Adapted by Occult Library © 2008